Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme in 720 Fire & Ice

I'm just going to go ahead and declare Revlon Fire & Ice as my favourite red lipstick ever.


Let's break down the good and the bad.

The Good

  • Amazing, fiery red shade
  • Instantly brightens up complexion
  • Suits all skin tones (legend has it Fire & Ice will appear a different colour on different people)
  • A legend on its own; it's been around since the 50's
  • Creamy and moisturising
  • Great staying power
  • Affordable

The Bad

  • Not available in Malaysia!


It's difficult to describe the colour. Cherry red with a hint of orange, maybe?

I first heard about Fire & Ice from Lisa Eldridge in one of her videos and I knew I had to have it. Lucky for me, this shade is available in Paris!

I carried this lipstick around during my trips around Europe with Shah where I'd usually just pair this with some concealer where needed, curl my lashes with an eyelash curler and I'd be good to go.


Swatches (in different lightings):


On my lips (in different lightings):






On me (full face):

Mini Europe in Brussels
Canal boat in Amsterdam
With zero other makeup on

Revlon Fire & Ice looks similar to another favourite red lippie of mine, the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 22. The Rimmel swatch on the left has more pink in it whereas Fire & Ice, the swatch next to it, shows more orange hues. I like to pair Fire & Ice with a red lip liner by Deborah Milano, which I swatched on the most right.



For the Rimmel lipstick review, go to: Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in 22.

I love the shades Rosewine, Fleshtone, Rose Velvet and Bali Brown from the Revlon Super Lustrous Creme range as well. Click on these links here and also here to go straight to my reviews and thoughts on those other delightful Revlon lipsticks.

Final verdict: I am obsessed with Fire & Ice and I am very much looking forward to the day when it's made available in Malaysia!

xxoo

Comments

Contact Form for Pages [DO NOT DELETE]

Hi, I'm Liyana

I'm a style & lifestyle blogger based in sunny (and ever humid) Malaysia. On The Good Weekender, you can find typed journals of my evolving modest personal style, travel adventures, skincare/beauty updates, home decor things, and stories of other bits and pieces of my everyday life. I hope you'll enjoy flipping through these pages of my virtual book!