Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet, Fleshtone and Bali Brown

I have eight shades of lipstick from Revlon Creme range - see them in my post Revlon Super Lustrous. Mmm. Lustrous indeed - but I've been sticking with these three because they suit me well and are quite versatile, therefore go with a lot of eye makeup looks.


Let's break down the good and the bad.

The Good
  • Go on smoothly
  • Staying power is pretty impressive (tip: boost longevity by colouring in entire lips with a matching lip pencil first)
  • Affordable!
  • Moisturises and nourishes lips
  • Surprisingly pigmented (feel free to pile on the layers for extra oomph)
The Bad
  • Can't think of any; that's how much I love these three lippies I guess!


Rose Velvet
lighting 1
lighting 2
Rose Velvet is my perfect nude-pink colour (does a "perfect nude-pink" shade actually exist, or is it just me?). The pink is soft enough to pair with smokey eyes but at the same time the shade stands out enough to be worn with plain pink cheeks too. 

Out of the three shades in this post, Rose Velvet is the one that is most worn (see how abused the poor lipstick look? even the letterings are disappearing) because it's just so versatile.




Fleshtone

lighting 1
lighting 2


I love the good ol' nude lips but most nude lipsticks in the market make me look washed out due to their paleness and blue undertones. Fleshtone however seems to be the perfect shade of nude for my warm NC43-44 skin tone. It's quite a browny nude shade so on people with fairer skin, this might look more like a an earthy-brown colour.


Bali Brown
Lighting 1
Lighting 2
Bali Brown isn't your ordinary red. It has a strong hint of brown in it, which makes it very autumnal / wintery. I wasn't originally Bali Brown's biggest fan as I thought it was too dark. When I went to stay in Paris though this turned out to be the red lipstick I reached for the most so now I just love it.

Swatches:




Final verdict: Considering their wallet-friendly price tags, I would definitely recommend these lipsticks to anyone! I myself would repurchase them, if I ever finish them.

Apparently Revlon offers 82 (eighty two!) shades of lipstick; check them out here at their official website, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick.

Go to Fire & Ice and Rosewine for my reviews and thoughts on the other two shades of Revlon Super Lustrous Creme lipsticks that I love.

I haven't had the chance to try out any lippie from Revlon Matte Super Lustrous range. If you have a favourite Revlon Matte shade, do recommend it to me as I will definitely want to check it out!

Comments

  1. Hi!

    I hail from the States, and I've never seen these shades before? Bali Brown looks fantastic though, so I will be trying to get my hands on it sometime soon! P.S., love how you meticulously swatched all 3 lippies!

    xx

    http://thereadermodel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there!

      I noticed Bali Brown isn't listed as one of the 82 shades online, which is a bit of a mystery, hmmmmm. But yes, do get Bali Brown if you come across it, it's absolutely gorgeous.

      Thanks for commenting Diana Maria!

      p/s: I do remember spending quite some time swatching and photographing these babies =D

      Delete

Post a Comment

I'd love to have a conversation with you about my post. Please share your thoughts & I'll reply as soon as I can!

Contact Form for Pages [DO NOT DELETE]

Hi, I'm Liyana

I'm a style & lifestyle blogger based in sunny (and ever humid) Malaysia. On The Good Weekender, you can find typed journals of my evolving modest personal style, travel adventures, skincare/beauty updates, home decor things, and stories of other bits and pieces of my everyday life. I hope you'll enjoy flipping through these pages of my virtual book!